Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Volunteers Angels Needed

I have seen this alert posted on Facebook, and my friend, Once Upon an Equine posted it from the Colorado Horse Council Facebook page. Please share this with your friends. Even if you can't help in Colorado, maybe by registering with the Fleet of Angels, you can help out in your area at some other time.


URGENT CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS WITH EQUINE EXPERIENCE TO REGISTER FOR RESCUES OF EQUINE FLOOD VICTIMS IN COLORADO
Most areas in the flood zone are completely inacessible right now, BUT- when the rain stops and the waters start to recede, there will be MANY equines in trouble! PLEASE REGISTER at www.FleetOfAngels.org

If you have a trailer, a dry (enough) pen, stalls, arenas, extra hay, even sleeping quarters for horse owners and haulers, hot meals for helpers, etc. THIS IS AN URGENT SITUATION. Evacuating before the storm was not possible for most, so evacuating post-storm will be needed ASAP. With homes, barns, vehicles, and fields being washed away, equines will be in desperate need of help. We need MANY MORE volunteers in Colorado ASAP.

Please register at www.FleetOfAngels.org
and then join the Fleet of Angels page on Facebook (only after registering, please), and stay tuned for more information and specific rescue missions when they start.

PLEASE SHARE WIDELY TO COLORADO FRIENDS AND SITES, AND IN SURROUNDING STATES.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Dreaming. I do not have equine experience of the sort you are looking for! But I am certainly saying prayers for all the horses and other critters that have been devastated by the flash flooding.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...