Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bye-Bye Beasties

The Black Beasties Beauties, plus one, returned to their home yesterday. This morning I lay in bed, relishing the fact that I didn't have to get up and feed horses. I think I had an extra 5 minutes in bed before the dogs insisted that I get up to procure their breakfast! A woman just can't laze around and dream!


I was finally able to get a picture of all 5 of the horses looking in the same direction! LOL It took a 6-horse trailer with windows, and someone rattling a bag of feed to manage this feat! They are, from front to back:
Zoe
Lady Bug
Shiloh
Boaz
Abby
Don't they look beautiful?!

The black horses are owned by the woman who owns the trailer. She operates a horse transport business. The woman rescued the horses from various situations through the years and she provides hay for them each day, since pastures out in Colorado cannot sustain a horse. We've been told that one would need at least 50 acres per horse in order for them to subsist on the land alone! This year, with the drought, it would probably be more.

Sharron is now taking care of the Black Beauties and Zoe. She has been a missionary for Youth for Christ for many years. She was in Australia, working with troubled youth, when she decided to return home to Franktown, CO so she could receive some training in using horses in her ministry. She intended to return to Australia after a year at home. However, it seems that God had other plans! Sharron fell in love with the Black Beauties, who were living in a pasture adjoining Sharron's family's home. They could all use a dose of love and affection. They could help youth, and the youth could help them. Sharron realized that she didn't need to return to Australia to conduct her ministry. Her prayers were answered. Her neighbor agreed to Sharron using the horses, and letting her use both the neighbor's pasture and her own. A local family owned Zoe. She was not being used and they were paying monthly board and other expenses for her. They decided to give Zoe to Sharron, continuing to contribute to her care. Sharron established the Son and Reins Ranch and is working with youth, and the horses, in this area. It is a win/win for everyone!

Here are a few pictures of the horses employed in their new jobs:




In this season of Thanksgiving, it does a heart good to see horses being loved, and children's lives being enriched!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! What a dream come true for horses and children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post love the photo of all of them looking out the windows glad they looked :] Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that her dreams are working out for her, her horses and the kids they help together. Love the trailer pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute picture of the horses on the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trailer shot ....very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart warming post! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...