Friday, March 2, 2012

Winner!

This is my baby. Oh.... he'd hate it if he knew I had posted this.
Shhhhh....don't tell him! 
My baby is now 23.
He's still a cutey!

My baby won a prize in a photo contest.
This was the winning photo:


He won 6 months worth of diapers,
photo processing and 
a $50 gift certificate at a local store. 
Woohoo!

But, wait, 
there seems to be a family history of winning photo contests...

This was a winning photo of my sister:


This photo was taken around 1950 - before my time!
My sweet sister
had just licked the beaters after my
mother had made chocolate pudding. 
Yeah... what a mess.
But a cute mess!

I'm thinking my parents were as excited about 
winning a contest with this picture
as I was about winning with my son's picture.

What contests or prizes have you won?

(I was hoping to hear that I'd won the HGTC Dream House!)





5 comments:

  1. I've won no photo contests --- of course, I haven't entered any photo contests. Hummm, I guess one has to be "in to win". Nevertheless, your photos (of both David & Becky) are great!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won a blog photo contest once...does that count? I am not much of a winner.
    Looks like you did great! Diapers Photos and 50 dollars..that was quite a haul back then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both pix. I've never won any photo contests. Have won lots in the breed & agility ring with my canine critters. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago (my daughter is now 55) I won a local grocery store contest by writing the winning essay about the store. I was 7 months pregnant and the prize was a train trip and hotel stay at Pike's Peak. We went on the trip and it was not exactly comfortable for me but we still had a good time. We lived in Valentine NE at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures! I think your sons should carry on the family tradition when they have cute kiddos of their own.

    I won $75.00 from a Kansas City, Missouri radio station when I told a dumb joke on the air during "Worst Joke Wednesday".

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...