Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pippin's POV: It's Not Easy Being Green

The other day Mr. Country Cowboy said I was green. I was terribly confused 'cause I know my colors. My Mrs. Owner explained that when a horse is green he hasn't  had much training. Once again I was confused 'cause I thought I had a lot of training. After all, I know how to do lots of things:
  • I can whoa and stand still, most of the time. Well, unless someone has cookies nearby or unless I want to make noise by pawing at the gate.
  • I know how to walk, trot and canter. I do it in the round pen and on the end of the rope. Well, OK, so sometimes I put a few extra hops in when I begin to trot when my Mrs. Owner is on my back. And, well, I guess I don't really know how to canter the right direction when my Mrs. Owner asks me.
  • I know how to pull a cart. Even the trainer guy, Jeff Morse, said I was good.
  • I know how to get into the trailer.
  • I know how to look really cute so my Mrs. Owner will give me extra hay.
  • I know how to untie my rope.
  • If I can't untie my rope, I know how to scratch my halter or bridle off.
My Mrs. Owner hugged me and rubbed me in my favorite places. She said I was a really smart horse. But then she explained that I was going to go to camp at Mr. Country Cowboy's house. She said I'd have all kinds of adventures and I'd be with lots of other horses. I'm afraid. I don't think I want to go. It's not easy being green....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Pippin... I see such a wonderful and fun adventure ahead of you! Some of the things you know how to do remind me of Bernard...

    How cool is that that you know how to pull a cart?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pippin what fun!! A summer camp!

    Just think you may come home smarter than Doc!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

What is Four?

Have you ever thought of the meaning of "four"?  Four is the number of: seasons in a year. corners and sides to a square. virtues....