- Are you planning on doing most of your Christmas shopping in stores, or online?
- Have you ever been to a bonfire?
- What would "simplifying life" mean to you?
- Tell me about one blog you really enjoy reading.
- Have you ever had someone who isn't in your family, but felt just like family?
1. I will do most of my shopping online. I don't particularly care for crowds, so I don't like shopping when the stores offer huge sales - like on Black Friday... shudder! I am thinking our shopping will be a bit easier this year as my side of the family has decided not to exchange gifts. I also plan to simplify shopping for Mr. Dreamy's family by purchasing fewer gifts, opting to buy quality vs quantity.
2. When my kids were teens we hosted a Halloween party for the Church Youth Group. We enjoyed a nice bonfire in our yard, burning all of those branches that had dropped from our pine trees throughout the year.
3. I'm with Patrice - simplifying is doing without all of the gadgets and clutter that seem to collect. Mr. Dreamy and I have just discussed boxing up things we aren't using and enjoying and donating them to local thrift shops.
4. I follow a lot of blogs. I especially like reading the blogs where I have developed a relationship with the author that goes beyond the blog, where we know about each other's family and pets, where we trade comments or emails. However, there is one blog that I really like, where I don't even 'know' the author. She hasn't posted for a while, and I'm a little worried, since her last post was about depression. But, if you haven't stumbled across Hyperbole and a Half, take a visit and look through some of her posts.
5. Yes, isn't it a nice feeling? Mr. Dreamy's mother had a friend who was just like a surrogate Grandmother to all of us. My best friend, near Detroit, is even better than a sister to me. Our house sitter is also a great friend - and, could actually be our daughter, given our ages!