Come chat with us!
How would you answer the following questions?
Take a few minutes to respond in a comment or on your blog.I enjoy having a 'conversation'.Complete your blog post (or comment) by asking a question of us.Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hopby using the Linky Tool below.Or...Leave a comment with your responses to the questions.Visit other participating blogs on the listand respond to their questions in your comments.Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 30:
- Are you up-to-date on your shots?
- What about your animals? What are your feelings about annual vaccinations?
- If you could travel anywhere... where would you go? What sort of things would you like to do or see?
- What are your preferred ways to travel?My answers:1. There are probably some other shots I should have. I can't remember when I had my last Tetanus shot, but I do think it's been within the last 5 years or so. I am getting to the age where I should consider a Shingles vaccine - from what I've heard, that's a condition I don't want.
2. After hearing about how Rabies exhibits itself in horses, and because there have been cases in my area, I made sure that my horses were vaccinated against it. But, with regards to most vaccinations, in my opinion, our animals are 'over-vaccinated'. I find it hard to believe that they need annual boosters throughout their lives, to keep them disease-free. I've also heard terrible stories about reactions to vaccines. When my animals were home bound and I knew that they were not likely to be exposed to diseases, I would often let their vaccinations lapse for a period of time. Whenever I knew that my animals were likely to be exposed, for example if I knew I was planning on taking the horses to a clinic, or taking the dogs to a dog park, then they would get their vaccines to protect them and to protect me from a possible legal ramifications.
3. I would love to go to Australia and New Zealand. I have always had a fascination for the countries 'down under'. I would want to be there for several weeks, at minimum, and would like to travel throughout the country. Seeing the movie, Rabbit-Proof Fence, made me want to explore the outback even more. Naturally, I'd enjoy seeing the outback from the back of a horse!
4. Although I enjoy the speed of air travel, the hassles at the airport and the discomfort of the seats makes it distasteful. I love traveling by ship - of course, it must cater to me, providing good food and entertainment - no working freighter for me! I think I am also going to enjoy traveling on the RV, since Mr. Dreamy has declared he won't drive more than 6 or 7 hours on any given day. It used to be that on long trips we would get in the car and drive at least 12 hours before stopping - hated that!!Now it's your turn! Join the hop!