- 1.5: The number of bucket loads of manure (using the lawn mower on steroids) that will fit in our small manure spreader.
- 6: Number of months it took to accumulate the manure for this pile.
- 9: Tons of manure produced by the average horse in one year.
- 10: Number of bucket scoops used to augment gardens and provide composted manure for friends.
- 24: Number of loads spread in a 1 acre (+/-) pasture before running out of manure and steam!
- 145: Highest temperature noted while the manure pile was composting.
- 183: Approximate number of wheelbarrow loads transported from stall and paddock to the manure pile.
Monday, August 16, 2010
By The Numbers: A Sh!++y Week
Now we can begin to fill it up again!
Our drive through central California seemed long and frankly, boring. However, the monotony was broken by observing the produce along the s...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
As I decorate our home for the holidays I am reminded of Christmases of the past. One year we were feeling the pinch of an economic downturn...
Both hubby and I are experiencing more than a bit of the "Bah Humbugs" this year. We decided that just maybe, putting up a tree......