This week we:
- watched the siding guys strip off the old siding and install the new siding. They still have about a week's worth of work to finish.
- began to paint the doors. Oh, my... the deep red we chose looks so much better than what was there before!
- started to caulk the seams in the siding... then the painter showed up... we don't know who is responsible for caulking! We have to wait to talk to Mr. Siding Guy. (Oh, I am so hoping it is their job... I HATE the caulk they provided. It is very, very sticky and I find it very hard to work with.)
- installed more "Tucker" fencing and a gate. We are almost finished securing a 1/4-1/2 acre space for our pup. We can't wait to 'forget' to close the picket fence gate, and watch Tucker explore his yard - letting him think he has escaped!
- moved a few pieces of furniture that are just clutter at the existing house.
- put in a new toilet! How empowering for me to play the role of 'plumber' and get a toilet in all by myself! Woohoo - I feel like quite the woman!!
- did all kinds of odds and ends: touching up ceiling paint in the master bath, used spacers to move switches out from the tile backsplash in the kitchen, replaced the trim on a few ceiling lights, finished putting in all of the screws in the cement board in the entrance hall, replaced vents for the heating/AC unit, worked in the garden - sprayed for thistle and planted some annuals.
We have been telling friends that we will move to our new place in 'about two weeks' for almost two months - like I said last week, we are finishing Egypt with the textbook! A few days ago we finally looked at each other and talked about just when we would move. Next weekend we have a few fun things to do that just happen to be near our new home. I commented that it would be great fun to go to those events, and not have to drive ALL the way from, or back to, our existing home. It also happens to be near my Birthday. Soooooo.... we are planning to be in the new house within 5 days!!!!! (We will have some furniture and some clothes and all the assorted odds 'n ends one needs to stay in a place... but most of our stuff will still be at the old house.)
Next week, if I do a post about our project house.... I hope to be able to say that, "This week... we began sleeping at the new house!"
Woohoo! I can hardly wait!