Thursday, September 23, 2010

Control of Your Mind

So, I couldn't think of anything to post on the blog and it has been a while since I have posted. I was feeling the pressure. Then, I read Linda Benson's blog and discovered that there's an Eight Question Internet Tag game going around which asks readers to answer eight questions, and send it on to eight people. She had seen it on several sites and commented, "we've changed the rules a little." So, if you're reading this post *insert evil chuckle* ~ You're It!!

This reminds me of one of my son's T-shirts which states:


So, by dint of the fact that you are reading this, you are now charged with answering the questions if you care to play along. Let me know in a comment so we can read your answers!

Have fun!



1. If you could have a super power, what would you have? Why?

Teleportation. I love to travel but I hate to take the time to get from point A to point B. I'd love to be able to teleport myself, instantly, to a different place and perhaps even to a different time. I've always been fascinated with books, like L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time or TV shows like The Voyagers or Quantum Leap and movies like Back to the Future.

2. Who is your style icon?

You have got to be kidding! If there is anyone out there who could be my style icon, I feel so sorry for her! Since I retired my style (if I had any to begin with) has become frozen in time and has become more Goodwill or ARC Thrift than anything else. Not that those are my favorite fashion shops, but the clothes I can usually be found wearing look like they came straight off the racks of a resale shop, a very low-end resale shop! My jeans are comfortably worn, with frayed threads hanging at the heels. My shirts have permanent stains, and since I lost a fair amount of weight, most are far too large. I have one black dress and a few pair of black pants that can be worn with a few hold-over jackets to carry them through different seasons. I would love to be able to wear my Crocs or Ariat barn boots with everything, but alas I guess I have a bit of fashion sense, or some sort of guilt that requires that I wear something a bit finer with my dress or nice(r) pants - so I squish some very low heels or sandals on my calloused feet. At times I think I'm a candidate for 'What Not to Wear' but unless I do gain the power of teleportation I have few places to go and besides,  my horses just don't care what I wear and wouldn't think to nominate me for the show anyway!

3. What is your favorite quote?

"Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope!
Look well, therefore, to this day."

From "Salutation to the Dawn" by Kalidasa

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

Tough one.....maybe my husband recently telling me that I am in better shape, with more muscle definition, than I have been at any point in our marriage (close to 38 years now)! It was kinda nice to know that he still looks at me!

5. What playlist/cd is on your ipod/cd player right now?

I don't have a cd player or an ipod. I have very eclectic tastes in music - I love oldies, country, classical, and anything with an upbeat tempo and a catchy tune.

6. Are you a nightowl or a morning person?

I have always been a morning person. I can jump right out of bed (although recently it is sometimes more of a hobble) and be dressed (in my frayed jeans), ready to go, in 5 minutes. I tend to shut down around 9 and begin snoozing unless I push myself to do something active.

7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

I love all animals. I really can't pick one over the other.
I like cats because they are independent and can be so silly in their play. I like that you can go away for a few days and they will be alright with a self-feeding bowl for water and food and a litter box.

I like that you can train dogs to do wonderful things and they are such wonderful, trusting and forgiving companions.


8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?

I really feel like I am living my dream. Life is good. I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh geeze. I guess I will have to find time to squeeze this into a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You've got an extremely great weblog. To turn into a profitable individual the standard factor should be to have positive thinking. Enjoy Sky Rocketing Achievements with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Develop Positive Thinking So You'll be able to Get rid of Pressure Out of your Life, Improve Your Self-Confidence and Program Your self For Lifetime Good results!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...