I didn't go outside to work in the garden today...at all! I stayed inside as I wanted to make a quilted 'blanket' for a friend of one of the Mister's classmate. Her husband has to have dialysis twice a week. She commented about how cold it is in the center when he is held prisoner by the machine. So....the Mister and I went to the local quilt shop to pick out some manly fabric.
The gal at the shop suggested a panel. That wasn't really what I had in mind, but we looked and found something that the Mister liked, and I figured I could work into a quilted blanket. Last night I cut the images out of the panel and this morning I was ready to get to work:
8:00 AM Sorted the blocks and cut pieces for sashing
 |
Apologies about the quality of the pictures...the sun played havoc with my camera.
|
9:00 AM Sashing sewn on most of the squares
10:00 AM Panel borders, with sashing are laid out to help me decide whether to put sashing between the boarder and the central green blanket. Vickie tests it out. She liked how she blended in with the green!
11:00 AM Sewing the borders onto the green batik fabric

12:00 PM Blanket loaded on long arm. It has a brown 'Minkie' backing that will be soft and cuddly.

Lunch for me was the same as breakfast....pineapple jello. I have one of 'those' tests tomorrow, requiring a clear liquid diet and later, prep to clean out my system. Oh, joy.
We went to the local theater production of Mary Poppins. The cast and crew, 50 folks were involved, did an excellent job.
Upon our return I prepared my evening cocktail of Magnesium Citrate - ick! I will be happy tomorrow when this is all behind me 🤣...and when I can eat real food!
Nice quilt! So Magnesium Citrate is the prep and how many days of clear liquids? My husband and Daughter both fail their preps because it is the Miralax and then a gallon of that "stuff" :( Hope all goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteI had to do the gallon of stuff previously. I was told this was easier - they lied! The Magnesium Citrate is evil. Of course, it doesn't help that I chugged the entire 10-oz bottle, chasing it with at least 8 ounces of water. I was immediately nauseous and weak, and broke out in the awful clammy sweat. I checked the Internet and it was suggested you drink it in smaller, very cold amounts. Also, it could be mixed with ginger ale or sprite, and if you used a straw to get most of it at the back of your tongue you would taste it. Next time....hope there never is a need for that!
DeleteWow, that was fast! I like it and he will be grateful to have it. Yuk on the diet.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilt and goodness you put it together quickly! The Minkee is the coziest and this quilt will surely keep the Mister's friend cozy during dialysis. Wishing his friend well, too.
ReplyDeleteAs for your current diet, well, as the doctor said to the kidney stone patient, "This, too, will pass!"
Hugs!
Funny...ha ha ha, when you aren't in the predicament! I did ask the tech and doctor how they got into this shitty business....no answer, just a funny grin!
DeleteBeautiful quilt. Awful Magnesium Citrate. I've done two kinds of that prep and didn't like either one.
ReplyDelete