Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday Doings

 I didn't go outside to work in the garden today...at all! I stayed inside as I wanted to make a quilted 'blanket' for a friend of one of the Mister's classmate. Her husband has to have dialysis twice a week. She commented about how cold it is in the center when he is held prisoner by the machine. So....the Mister and I went to the local quilt shop to pick out some manly fabric. 

The gal at the shop suggested a panel. That wasn't really what I had in mind, but we looked and found something that the Mister liked, and I figured I could work into a quilted blanket. Last night I cut the images out of the panel and this morning I was ready to get to work:

8:00 AM Sorted the blocks and cut pieces for sashing

Apologies about the quality of the pictures...the sun played havoc with my camera.

9:00 AM  Sashing sewn on most of the squares


10:00 AM Panel borders, with sashing are laid out to help me decide whether to put sashing between the boarder and the central green blanket. Vickie tests it out. She liked how she blended in with the green!


11:00 AM Sewing the borders onto the green batik fabric


12:00 PM Blanket loaded on long arm. It has a brown 'Minkie' backing that will be soft and cuddly.




Lunch for me was the same as breakfast....pineapple jello. I have one of 'those' tests tomorrow, requiring a clear liquid diet and later, prep to clean out my system. Oh, joy.

We went to the local theater production of Mary Poppins.  The cast and crew, 50 folks were involved, did an excellent job. 



Upon our return I prepared my evening cocktail of Magnesium Citrate - ick! I will be happy tomorrow when this is all behind me 🤣...and when I can eat real food! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

Sunday Doings

 I didn't go outside to work in the garden today...at all! I stayed inside as I wanted to make a quilted 'blanket' for a friend ...