Monday, July 27, 2026

'Maters, Mozzerella, Meatballs & Mushrooms....Mmmmm

 After my appointments with the Gastroenterologist and the Orthopedic guy, I returned home to debate, "What's for lunch".  I am not one of those folks who has a menu for the week mapped out. As mealtime approaches, I make my way to the fridge and peruse the contents. 

Based on what I saw, especially the Burrata cheese - one my new favorites in cooking - I decided it had to be a Naan bread pizza. 


Super simple:
      • Grab the Naan bread out of the freezer to let it defrost for a few minutes.
      • Turn the toaster oven on "Air fry" at 400°.
      • Spread some bottled sauce on the bread.
      • Cut up a large mushroom, two small tomatoes, and a few meatballs.
      • Run outside to snip off some Basil leaves - wash and cut up.
      • Sprinkle the food on top of the sauce.
      • Put some chunks of Burrata cheese over the other stuff.
      • Sprinkle a shredded Italian cheese mix over all.
      • Bake for about 10 minutes...
Ta da.....


My orthopedic appointment went...as I expected. The MRI didn't have anything good to say, but it wasn't the worst. Besides some disc bulging, severe stenosis at points in my lower back and impingement of nerves in various locations, I'm doing OK. I wanted a magic pill, but kinda knew that was not to be had. He suggested PT....I do most of the exercises prescribed previously at PT...so he offered to leave it in my records and if/when I'd like to start again, or start with a different therapy center, all I need to do is call. He said I could get an injection, although he thought "the nickel counters" may require a stint of PT to show it is not effective before they'd pay. I asked about the hip pain I experience that makes it difficult/uncomfortable to walk, he just gave me that look and said, "Yeah, that's your back talking to you." Life will go on, and I am truly blessed that I am not in excruciating pain. 

The best news of the day? Rain! Lots and lots of rain! (We seem to be in a feast or famine cycle). Thunder and lightning began around 4 AM and the rain poured down. I love sleeping with a rainstorm going on...but then again, if I know it's a storm, am I sleeping?!! The day cleared, and a succession of new storms came over us beginning around 3 PM, bringing more lovely rain. 

Dinner time looms. Opening the fridge tells me we are going to have a stuffed salmon I picked up at ALDI, some leftover quiche as a starch and caprese salad (more Burrata cheese and basil - yum!)

Tonight I will indulge in a glass of Chardonnay - a huge improvement over the Magnesium Citrate cocktail I had last night! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

'Maters, Mozzerella, Meatballs & Mushrooms....Mmmmm

 After my appointments with the Gastroenterologist and the Orthopedic guy, I returned home to debate, "What's for lunch".  I a...