Friday, July 24, 2026

A Little Bit of This....a Little Bit of That

Today was a "This. That, and a little bit of Everything" sort of day. I managed to get out before 7:15 again, trying to beat the heat a bit. My first chore was to reseat one of the stepping stones. 

You may recall that back in June the Mister used his tiny excavator to remove our perished Pygmy palm. In the process, the machine broke one of the round stepping stones you see in front of the excavator in this picture, and unseated the other. One end was considerably higher than the other and I kept tripping on in. I knew it was a disaster waiting to happen. 


This morning I dug out some of the sand, removed some of the weed cloth (which after many years was not really keeping the weeds at bay as so much sand and dirt had been deposited on top of it, the weeds are fine with growing on top of the disintegrating weed cloth.) on worked at replacing the stone and filling sand in around it. I finished my task by raking all of the surrounding area and seating everything with some water. I haven't decided it I really need to add another stepping stone closer to the gate, and I need to get some more pea gravel to bring the entire path back up level with the stones. 


If I get really energetic I should clean the timbers on either side of the path and stain them. 
And, if I get really, really energetic I should dig up the gravel and sand over the entire length of the garden path, cut a few roots that are intruding, level the sand base and reinstall weed cloth, stepping stones and gravel. I'm not certain I'll ever have that much energy - πŸ˜‚

After I finished this task I did some weeding. I have a new crop of palm seedlings emerging. 

I planted a very large-leaf plant I bought a while back. I have no clue what it is called! I had first planted it in an area of the garden that was too sunny for it. I put it back in the pot and moved it into a shadier area. It has been growing beautifully. It now has a permanent home in that spot. 

I trimmed a few things,
I blew leaves and grass off the driveway on my way to retrieve the garbage bin,
and finally retreated to the air conditioning for a shower. 

A friend was coming over and I realized that I had spider webs on the glass panes of my front door. Perhaps not the nicest welcome. I cleaned the panes of glass, in and out, and then went on to clean a large window in our kitchen. The view is ever so much better now! 

The morning continued in this fashion, seeing something out of place, moving it where it belongs,
seeing something there that needed cleaning, taking care of that....
Before I knew it, it was lunch time....
left over salads.

Then I was off to play Mahjong. 
I won a few.
I lost a few.
I came out a bit ahead of the game, bringing back about $ .85!

I mentioned to the Mister that I didn't know what to cook for dinner.
He suggested we go out...and so we did!

We ate at Seagrass Waterfront in Homosassa.
We do not eat out a lot, and we are still exploring restaurants in the surrounding towns.  

I decided the day, with temps near (exceeding?) 100°
deserved a "Pain Killer".
It worked!

I chose to have Shepherd's Pie, one of my favorites. 
It didn't disappoint!

We arrived home, and I watered some areas of our newly sodded yard that were showing the effects of a hard day, and I called it a day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

A Little Bit of This....a Little Bit of That

Today was a "This. That, and a little bit of Everything" sort of day. I managed to get out before 7:15 again, trying to beat the h...