Friday, August 18, 2017

Adventures Await

I could begin another countdown... only X days until we pull out on our motorhome. However, I'll spare you, because, truthfully.... it scares me!

I have made reservations at Cherry Creek State Park, which is 11.8 miles from our home. We will pull out on packing day, August 21. If things go as I imagine they should, the moving crew will box everything we have not packed, and load it and our furniture into a truck. Then we will all leave. Our belongings will go to storage, and we Dreamers will head to the park.

The next day we Dreamers will return to help clean the house, barns, garage and grounds. I have arranged for the carpets to be cleaned and for a few cleaning gals to help us clean inside.

On August 23 we are slated to close. I assume that after all the paper work is completed we will come back to the property for a walk-through, where we will share as much as we can with the new owner in a short period of time.  We will head to our home on wheels and begin our trek to California the following morning.

I have reservations at several campgrounds between here and there. Nothing is an extreme drive. I've come close to sticking to the "330" rule: drive no more that 330 miles or drive until 3:30 PM, whichever comes first.

I wonder how long it will take my head to wrangle with the reality that I won't be returning to my Colorado home?!


  1. I am excited for you! I hope all goes well:)

  2. Replies
    1. I can't take credit for it. Some other old-timer shared it with us and it made sense!

  3. So exciting AND I'm sure nerve wrecking. Our closing was extended fro the 11th to the 25th. Hoping both of us get to do so.

    1. Oh, I would hate that! We ended up paying for a roof to be put on instead of delaying our closing and hoping that the 2nd adjuster would declare the roof damage covered under insurance. Since the first guy insisted it was normal wear, we decided to use the profit we will get, put on the new roof, and be done with it. The new owner-to-be stopped by today to give us his phone number so we could call him with a price for the tractor. He said he had the money and was ready for Wednesday.

  4. Kind of exciting but sad at the same time.


What thoughts do you have?

Double Trouble

 In a weak moment…. Meet Kaitlyn and Vickie (the Vixen), our new fur babies! They are Pembroke Welsh Corgis and are  half-sisters (Dad slept...