Monday, May 6, 2013

Someone's in the kitchen....

I was going to write another post about pickleball, talking about being in the kitchen (the no volley zone); but I figure you are probably pickled enough! So, I'll talk about a recent adventure in my own kitchen instead.

On one of our recent snowy evenings I decided to make ravioli.  First I made a basic egg pasta. The last time I made ravioli pasta I had a terrible time rolling it thin enough. Then I read that the dough should rest for 20 minutes or so. Wow! What a difference it makes in rolling it out. The dough wasn't nearly as tough.


I decided to make a mushroom filling.  I cut up about 6 ounces of Cremini and Portabello mushrooms and a medium sized shallot. These were sautéed in a bit of olive oil. I added about a 1/4 cup of Port and let it cook down. After cooling the mixture for about 20 minutes I added 4 ounces of cream cheese and 2 ounces of freshly grated parmesan cheese. I used this mixture to fill the ravioli.


The ravioli dried for about 20 minutes. 


While I waited for the water to boil and the ravioli to cook, I sautéed more mushrooms and sweet onion and then added Port to make a reduction as a sauce.


And, you might ask? How did it taste? 
Mmmmm.... it was dreamy!

6 comments:

  1. I think I rather come and eat at your house than play pickle ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish. Even though I'm allergic to mushrooms. I can still appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pickle ball scoring was a hoot! I enjoyed the play by play..so good of you to let the dogs play. I see you can cook too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, does that ever look divine!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...