- Auction: A popular social gathering where you can change your horse from a liability into an asset.
- Colic: Gastrointestinal result of eating at horse-show food stands.
- Colt: What your mare gives you when you want a filly.
- Endurance ride: End result when your horse spooks and runs away with you.
- Feed: Expensive substance used to manufacture manure.
- Fence: Decorative structure built to provide your horse something to chew on.
- Grooming: Fine art of removing dirt from your horse's body and applying it to your own.
- Hock: Financial condition of all horse owners.
- Lungeing: Popular training method in which a horse exercises his owner by spinning him in circles until dizzy.
What other twists on terminology are favorites of your's?
haha thats too cute.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the much needed grins! It's been a long day, and it's only noon. The Grooming term made me laugh out loud. Funny stuff!ReplyDelete
LOL. They need to mention that the effects of grooming only last if you keep your horse in a sling.ReplyDelete
hahahaha ! Thank you for the laughs at the end of my long day!ReplyDelete
An easy description of dressage is horse ballet. The aim of dressage is to develop the horse's natural ability and willingness to perform. At peak performance a dressage horse is relaxed whilst performing a movement requested by the rider. showjump horsesReplyDelete