Friday, January 31, 2014

Living Logic

I am trapped in a logic puzzle. You know, one of those things that goes kinda like this:

The man, who is not Dreaming, did not leave the service center and did not drive to Florida or New York.

Dreaming used the fourth washing machine two times in three visits but lost two quarters that rolled under the 1st dryer.

The mechanic who worked on Dreaming's coach was not the one who dropped the wrench nor the red head.

The coach was filled with propane at $ .50 more a gallon than was spent 4 days previously but less than the cost of the dog food and potatoes.

Given this information, can you figure out where Dreaming is and what she has been doing?

We have finally left Red Bay, where we never had one morning above freezing the entire twelve days we were there! We have moved on to Nashville. This was supposed to be an overnight visit, three nights at most. But, the action won't start until next week some time - so here we sit. At least there are some fun things to visit in Nashville!

On another note, and part of the cause of feeling like I'm living a logic problem, is the quest for the title of our motor home. Around Thanksgiving Mr. Dreamy pulled out important papers that we should take with us in our new little fireproof safe. He noticed that the State had made an error. They had our coach down as a 2013 model, when in reality it was manufactured in 2012. He took the title and all of the supporting documents down to the DMV, took a number and waited in line. When it was his turn, he showed all of the information to the clerk and explained that we needed a new title. It seems that someone at the State made a mistake (albeit, one we should have caught) when the title was originally printed. The clerk took the old title, filled out some information and told Mr. Dreamy we would receive a new title in the mail in 3 or 4 weeks. Say, what?! The title did not come in the mail while we were home.
So.... I happened to be back in town at the beginning of January and lo and behold... there was an envelope with our new title in it. The new title, just like the previous title, had an error. It still said that our coach was a 2013 model. Here we go again... So I took the title and all of the supporting documents down to the DMV, took a number and waited in line. When it was my turn, I showed all of the information to the clerk and explained that we needed a new title. It seems that someone at the State made a mistake. The clerk talked to the clerk Mr. Dreamy had visited. He shook his head, agreeing that someone made a mistake. He took the new title, filled out  some information and told me that we would receive a new title in the mail in 3 or 4 weeks. Say, what?! I explained our situation and asked if he could expedite things a bit. He said that he would. I guess he forgot that part!
So.... we are still waiting for the title. Mr. Dreamy called the DMV yesterday. The title was processed and mailed last week. They couldn't tell us what day. I called the DMV today. I called the US Post Office today. It turns out that since we are having our mail forwarded to a mail service, the title may or may not be returned to the sender. Neither the person at the DMV nor the person at the PO was sure about that... but it could happen. Geesh! The PO employee explained that mail forwarding can add 2 to 10 days to the delivery time of your mail. Yikes! The DMV employee suggested I wait 2 weeks before seeing if the title was returned to them. Holy Cow... I need it NOW! It seems that no one understands my sense of urgency. Do you? It could have something to do with this post!



4 comments:

  1. Bureaucracy? nah, i dont touch it with a ten foot stick...

    (((hugs))) im sure it will get better....in 3 or 4 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say a correct title would be a vital part of everything.

    Hang in there!

    Enjoy Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many times can they mess it up? Congrats on your upgrade!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...