Wednesday, July 8, 2026

I'm Hip


From Magnific Website

I mentioned problems I was having with my hip in May. At that point oral steroids were prescribed, along with some therapeutic stretches and exercises. I've followed through on all of it. The hip, although a tad bit better, still aches, wakes me at night, makes walking miserable and makes me wonder if I can climb a step safely. 

I had a follow-up visit today. I saw a different PA, but he sang the same song. Yes, my bursa is inflamed. But, he (like the Doc and the other PA) feel that my back is the root of the problem. As I haven't had an MRI for over 3 years, one has been scheduled later this month, with a follow-up to see the "back guy"a few weeks later. I am curious, but leery.

The PA suggested/offered a steroid injection in the bursa area of my hip. At this point, I will try anything. So, I was shot. Within 45 minutes pain from my hip was negligible. Shortly after I became Superwoman! I can do anything. I can climb the stairs...not once, not twice....many times, without pain. Without hesitation. Without question about whether the leg will hold me. Woo hoo! 

Uh oh...am I cruisin' for a bruising?!



8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad it helped you so much. Best of luck with the upcoming stuff, MRI isn't fun. If you ask me. Which you did not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! The only MRI I have ever had that was terrible was one for a mass on my elbow. I had to be on my stomach with my arm extended in front of me for the duration. It was the worst position I've ever experienced!

      Delete
  2. Steroid shots can make you feel like a million bucks....hope it lasts a good long time! Hope you asked for the I don't care meds for the MRI. Be careful with that improved hip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not holding out a whole bunch of hope. Each time I've had them in my back the effect is shorter and shorter...and I guess that is to be expected. What remains to be seen is whether injections in different parts of the body follow that same pattern. I'll see!

      Delete
  3. You are super woman! MRI are not fun, but it will hopefully help solve the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base on the results of the last MRI....I don't hold out much hope for an easy solution. I know that I have 'severe' stenosis in one vertebrae... this will tell us if there has been worsening in that vertebrae and/or others.

      Delete
  4. Cheers for good medicines that really quickly help and cheers for the medical folk who offer them! So happy you're feeling so good.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it's too bad that this 'good' medicine is bad for us in the long run.

      Delete

What thoughts do you have?

It's all in the Timing!

 Friday we had the plumber come by to repair a leaky outdoor hose bib. It has been a problem since we moved in,  but over time become even w...