- 1,480,000: top earnings held by Lookin At Lucky.
- 150,000: the number spectators at the Kentucky Derby.
- 554: the number of roses (not including the 'Crown Rose') that make up the Derby blanket, according to one source.
- 136: the number of years the Kentucky Derby has been run.
- 126: the weight assigned to the jockey and his equipment for the Kentucky Derby.(Yeah, right. In my dreams! Just how much does that saddle weigh? How much would I need to lose?!)
- 60: the number of long stem roses, tied in 10 yards of ribbon, presented to the winning jockey.
- 40: the cost for general admission to Churchill Downs on Derby Day.
- 22: number of horses in the field (but scratches may occur).
- 6 1/2: the number of lengths Barbaro won the derby by - greatest amount in 60 years!
- 2: the number of minutes the horses run for the roses.
- 1.25: the number of miles the horses race.
- 0: the number of Haflingers who have entered the Kentucky Derby.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
By The Numbers: The Kentucky Derby
Maybe next year we can get a Haflinger into the Derby field. It could look like this. Whadda ya think?!
Despite my belief (certainly flawed) that I am invincible and irreplaceable, I find that alas, I am not. Despite my consistently taking pre...
Before leaving Bellevue I had a nice lunch with my sister. She was not in the best of moods as I insisted that she must take her walker (on...
I happened upon a secret path while walking the dogs near a campground in Bellevue, WA. Well, maybe it wasn't that much of a secret... ...
Covid self-isolation has taught me a number of things: - I am an extroverted introvert. (Or am I and introverted extrovert?!) I am quite co...