Saturday, July 2, 2016

Allietare

Allietare means "to delight, gladden". 
It can also mean "to be delighted, rejoice."
It is also the name of Bonnie Hunter's 2015 mystery quilt.
Which, I am delighted to report, I have finally (almost) completed!

I am rejoicing, truly!!


This quilt was my first mystery quilt, and it was great fun.  Just after Halloween Bonnie posted paint chip numbers, and yardage requirements for the quilt. 

Lowe's had a run on paint chips!

Then, on Black Friday, the games cutting and sewing began. I posted about the first week of Allietare here. Each week we received new instructions, with the final reveal just after Christmas. I did as much as I could before we "flew" south for the winter, we being snowbirds. When we returned, I continued snipping, and sewing, and trimming, and sewing some more, until I finished the "flimsy". 

Then, Mr. Dreamy talked me into buying a longarm sewing machine. Oh. What. Fun! My Allietare quilt found its way onto the longarm after a few table runners and a small throw. It sure beats trying to push a quilt around my regular sewing machine!


I also had the opportunity to attend a HandiQuilter workshop, where our instructor demonstrated sewing the binding on with the longarm machine. Oh. My. Gosh! How easy is this?!! 


Sew, now I have to finish the binding. I haven't mastered doing that by machine! Time to pick up my needle and thread!




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's the first "scrappy" quilt I've done. Mr. Dreamy says it is "bright"!!

      Delete
  2. That is a invention I can appreciate. I still have my grandmother's quilting frame that hangs from the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only admire women who cut, pieced and quilted by hand. What a labor of love!

      Delete
  3. Wow what a machine, I bet you will crank out quilts now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...