Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Dignity Statue

Erected in 2016, the 50' Dignity statue stands high along Interstate 90.
She was a gift to honor South Dakota's 125the anniversary of statehood.

As seen from the highway



The Star quilt has more than100 blue, glass diamonds that flutter slightly in the wind. 
The Star quilt is a Sioux symbol of honor and generosity.


Our caravan group, huddled below. It was cold and windy!

On a hillside beside the highway Dignity stands;

A star quilt of glass held aloft in her hands.

A lonely sentinel watching over the land of the Sioux;

Inviting respect for the culture from those passing through.





 

1 comment:

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...