Saturday, May 6, 2023

St Louis


We rocked and rolled into St. Louis, with strong winds pushing us around. We had a few days before our Adventure Caravan tour was going to begin. We had a few days to rest & relax, do loads of laundry, purchase a few forgotten items and explore a bit.

Blowing into St Louis

Finally some free time to do yoga....but, seriously?!
(“Are you doing the Baby Cobra move correctly, Mom?”)

Kaitlyn climbed up a "huge" (to her) rock to get a better view of the campground

We spent some time at the Missouri Botanical Garden


A Chihuly glass exhibit was opening the next day 



I saw aqua petals on the ground and looked up to see these. What an unusual color. 

We weren't the only travelers at the campground. A large flock of Goldfinches stopped in for a few days. You can see a few of them in the video if you look closely, and you can hear their happy songs!



I was told that one cannot miss St Louis style pizza
Later we also had St Louis style ribs and fried ravioli

Travelers from a previous caravan live nearby. They invited us to their home for dessert and gave us traditional St Louis sweets to take back to the RV with us. 

Vickie finally became brave enough to go down the steps! Up to this point she would put her front feet down one step, and then would leap into my arms! I was able to coax her by putting a treat on each step. Now, I think she loves racing down the steps! (Some day maybe I can get the video to load!)









1 comment:

  1. It does sound as though you're having an amazing journey - I'm guessing the plant is a jade vine? - as you say stunning colour. They have one at the Eden Project - only reason I know of it. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...