I decided that despite windshield woes and medical stuff going on... I was going to CA - without my guy. I hopped on a plane and enjoyed just over a week with grand kids, kids, friends and family, before returning to Florida... where all the medical results are good and we are finally ready to pack up and head back to CA!
Here's just a bit of what I did on my "vacation"...
- I visited two different ukelele meet-up jam sessions with the "other grandmother"
- I played with the kids
- I went to the zoo with the kids and the other grandmother
- I played Mahjong with my CA friends
- I pulled weeds
- I watched the Richmond fireworks on July 3 from the Red Oak Victory ship
- I played ping-pong with a group at "Rigger's Loft" - a local winery
- I enjoyed a few family dinners
- I completed a quilt on the long arm
- I watched ships go in and out of the harbor...
|Nonna Holly joins in the Ukelele sing-along with a little help from Kellan|
|Alexis in imaginative play|
|Alexis in a contemplative mood|
|Kellan's first carousel ride at the Oakland Zoo|
|What a fantastic view of Oakland, SF Bay and San Francisco from the Oakland Zoo gondola|
|Alexis chose the eagle on the carousel|
|Richmond fireworks celebrations from the Red Oak Victory Ship|
|Fun play in the back yard|
|Back yard looking east - BEFORE|
|Back Yard looking West - BEFORE|
|Back yard looking East - AFTER weeding|
|Back yard looking West - AFTER Weeding|
|Ship coming into Richmond Harbor as viewed from the kitchen|