Friday, January 17, 2014

Gotta Love Google

I am limping along with limited technology - so I tried uploading a picture onto a blog post from my phone, although I'm actually using an iPad. Yeah, it is a bit confusing. But, it gets even better!  When the application showed the photos, it showed a picture I had taken of one of my paintings. My picture showed a snowy scene. I copied it from one I had seen on Will Kemp's site. I was interested in trying to recreate the picture as it was created with only two colors and two brushes.  I was quite pleased with the finished project. However, Google, or Blogger, or some computer programmer 'out there' decided to add their own artistic license. (Cue mysterious music.) They added falling snow!


Doesn't this beat all? I did NOT tell it to snow in my painting. However, it turns out that Google + will add snow if you tap on a picture. Evidently I did so without realizing it. It does kinda jazz up my work!

If I were more serious about my art, I think I'd be rather ticked off. For now, I find it kinda amusing. 




I describe more of my painting on my other site: Dreaming Does Art

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. I kinda like the snow touch too :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google keeps adding snow to my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is kind of cool. I'll have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool:0 Another blogger I follow had sparkly Christmas Tree lights that were added by google:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you are as talented with a brush as you are with a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell you, Google is amazing! Not only is there snow, but it's falling! The person and dog looking into the picture add a touch of mystery! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just went and checked you're Art blog out. Love it, you're doing so well so quickly. Keep it up, your inspiring me to paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you picture. I had forgotten you are an artist. Maybe Google could make it snow for real here in our dry mountains or make it rain in dry California for that matter. I mean, Google lives here, after all.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...