The start of Rt 66
Our group at the Navy Pier in Chicago
This isn't really where Rt 66 began, historically,
but there was a suggestion that Rt 66 should go from Pier to Pier.
We enjoyed Chicago Style Pizza at Lou Malnati's..
home to the BEST* deep dish pizza in Chicago!
*so they claim!
The next day we were at Lou Mitchells,
A famed breakfast venue at the terminus of Rt 66.
Our group took up quite a bit of space!
We had our pick of quite a few variations of omelettes...
My ham a cheese was rather tame.
We took an architecture tour by water and learned about many of the buildings in Chicago
My favorite building was the St Regis, designed by Jeanne Gang.
This is the tallest building in the world designed by a woman.
One bedroom condos in the building begin at $950,000!
The black band near the top of the highest tower is open to the elements.
This allows wind to flow through the building.
That, and huge tanks of water on the floors above help mitigate swaying of the building.
We traveled to the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower)
This is Chicago from 1,353 feet!
And this is me on "The Ledge"!
Of course, we had to stop and see "the Bean"
(Formally known as Cloud Gate)
Can you find my reflection in the bean?
My favorite thing at Millennium Park was the Crown Fountain.
We waited...
and waited...
and finally:
There is no chance I would be standing on the ledge! It's been a very long time since I have been to Chicago. You guys filled the restaurant.
ReplyDeleteI do have to admit the the ledge was rather intimidating. I could not look down when I first stepped onto the glass...but once I was out there I was fine.
DeleteWonderful photos and lots there has been renamed or is new since I was last there. And away y'all go!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh and did you buy fabric in Pontiac??
Hugs!
We took a boat tour about the changes in architecture and history when we were in Chicago back in 2014. amazing place. Photos are awesome.
ReplyDeleteChicago looks great. You are a braver person than I being on the edge.
ReplyDelete