Wednesday, September 9, 2026

It All Adds Up

 How can that possibly be right?

Just the other morning my BFF and I were chatting on the phone. We were talking about fabric "collections".  My mind turned to getting rid of fabric, as in, making some more quilts with what I have on hand. 

Hmmm, I thought, how much do I have on hand?

I began estimating what's in the stash behind me in the picture.

Each 12" cubby (not all are visible in the picture) is split into two sections for each color; red, yellow orange, green, blue, violet, neutral, brown, and black. The left side of the cubby has pieces that are just under 1/2 yard to just over 1/8 yard. The right hand side of each cubby has pieces that are 1/2 yard to 1 1/2 yard lengths of fabric. I have 2 cubbies with pieces that are 2 yards or larger. In addition, I have "Charm Packs" (5 1/2" squares), some jelly rolls, some "Layer Cakes" (10" squares) and various and sundry other scraps. Oh, and yeah, there are some bins containing even more fabric already designated for future projects.

Sitting back in my chair I began estimating, visually grouping 4 or 5 quarter yard chunks together, 2 half yard pieces together, etc. (Oh...and some of my cubbies with quarter yard pieces have a whole 'nother pile behind the first!) 1, 2, 3.....7, 8, 9 yards....25, 26.....42.... 65........ 

Who woulda thunk that those cubbies house well over 250 yards of fabric in total! Yikes! 

And that doesn't even account for the bits and pieces in these bins...which is where I pulled most of the fabric for the quilt I mentioned in the previous post! 


OK folks...time to get serious! When I return from my trip I better get to work sorting and snipping, and clipping and stitching! I have a long way to sew....







3 comments:

  1. I still have fabric from so many years ago that I am saving to do another quilt.
    I've looked at some samples in the current years and scratch my head. Keep the old good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too!
    Happy trails!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

Day One of our Adventure

 Is that adventure...or misadventure?! We had a bit of both today. We were off and away by 9:15. Hooray!  View from my window for the next f...