Earlier in June I visited Sara's "My Sewing Room" blog. She had many pictures of fun quilt blocks she is currently making. Her work made me think, and I commented on her post:
I stared at my stash today and decided that I really need to attack it and work up some sort of scrappy quilt in rainbow colors....
- after I finish quilting what's in by TBQ pile,
- after I finish piecing my Judy Niermeyer quilt and king extensions,
- after I finish the guild mystery quilt,
- after I complete the guild challenge quilt,
- after I make valences for the MBdr and
- after I design and piece a quilt using the fabric I bought a few months ago....
- oh, and after I quilt some fabric I bought to make bedspreads for the guest room.
That scrappy quilt is next in line! LOLSince then I've run across even more projects I want to/should start and/or complete! So much to do and so little time!
I went back to a post I made in January that listed some projects I wanted to complete. Well, I'm making some progress....but there is still a lot to do! (And some of the January projects didn't even make it to the list I so glibly created in response to Sara's post!)
1. January: Move forward with Desert Oasis quilt
Now: Yes, I am on the last section of the quilt. I am moving forward.
2. In January: Create a quilted scrap backing, using blues, for the Susan Cleveland sailboat kit hanging.
Now: Nope! Totally slipped my mind! But I did make a scrappy blue backing and started this wall hanging....it hasn't progressed much further than this, however!
3. In January: Continue using Christmas fabric as leaders/enders resulting in a Christmas tree quilt. Maybe something like this:
Now: I made baby-step progress. I've made several yards of pieced fabric to cut into the trees, and then piece into a quilt.
4. In January: Bind bright Apple Valley placemats.
Now: Gone! Nope, I didn't bind them. I put them in a bag, with the binding, and put it on the "Take it, It's Free" table at the Guild! I decided that since I really didn't like how they turned out, I wouldn't even waste my time finishing them.
5. In January: Make the purse from "Sew Yours"
Now: Hanging my head in shame. I didn't do it. Does it count that I pulled the pattern out again and read through it?
6. In January: Make a bag using cork material and embroidery embellishments
Now: Yes! I did this one!
7. In January:
Quilt the pin wheel quilt Now: Done! I even stitched some embellishments with pearl cotton!
8. In January:
Quilt the "Quilter's Prerogative" quilt Now: On my machine and over half-way finished.
9. In January:
Embellish shirts with embroidery Now: Does it count that I made a pillow with embroidery?
10. In January: Make twin headboards for the guest room
Now: I decided that the beds can stay without a headboard. I did put up two large pictures to define the space...for now. So, in effect, this "To Do" is Done!
11. In January: Create a quilt using a 'jelly roll' I have on hand.
Now: Nope. I have a pattern in mind, but I really think the jelly roll fabric is ugly, and unless I find a coordinating fabric that works with the pattern, I don't want to waste my time on an ugly quilt! (Any suggestions are welcome!)
12. In January:
Complete the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, 'Lupine & Laughter" Now: YES! The quilt is pieced, quilted and has its binding!
I have many, many more projects, at different stages of completion, that I could add to my list. But, for now, I'll just keep plugging away, taking it one day at a a time (but, not necessarily one project at a time!!)
I think we have something is common. Not quilting but the, um, other thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laugh! A great way to start the day!
DeleteOMG! ๐ I wish you lots of success, Dreaming. We're definitely alike with way more projects than time. At least we're not bored.
ReplyDeleteBoredom is no longer in my dictionary! I thinkI was a kid the last time I felt bored!
DeleteI do not have a list but if I did it would be scary! Carry on!!
ReplyDeleteGreat progress and doing other things creative all count in your favor!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Good grief! You are out of control and quite the producer. Beautiful work. Lori
ReplyDeleteHmmm. out of control? Uh, just maybe!
Delete