Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Life With Corgi Pups




 Our girls are growing bigger by the day. They are learning new things: some good, some not so good! 🤣. They are working hard at listening to us, and walking nicely on leashes. It certainly is a challenge - there are so many things they want to explore - and we humans are just too slow!  

I sometimes wonder if they will ever be housebroken 🤪 Some days they seem to get it, and other days they wander off to a secluded area to poop, instead of wandering outdoors (and a door is always open!) They are just like toddlers; they get so involved in whatever they are doing it is much easier to squat there than to interrupt their play to go outside. 

Even though they weren’t “broken”, we did take them to the Vet to get “fixed”.  We pretty much sailed through that without having to resort to those nasty cones. I found that baby Onsies fit them perfectly and unbelievably they ignored the “clothes” and never tried to tug on them, even when roughhousing with each other. 

Roughhousing?? They are experts! We have evening entertainment, without having a media on. They play chase games. They practice “kangaroo boxing”. They chase empty water bottles, and they are practicing the fine art of destuffing some toys. Vickie’s favorite game is chasing a baggie tied on a string. I think coursing may be in her future!

Their personalities seem to mirror those of Tucker and Gypsy. Vickie is very independent and is less likely to listen to me (after all, she knows best!) Kaitlin is the lover and is a bit more timid. But, she has an endearing practice of plopping on her tummy when we are walking and she wants to stop to smell something!  It’s hard not to laugh! 

2 comments:

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...