Sunday, January 9, 2022

Invincible I am Not

Despite my belief (certainly flawed) that I am invincible and irreplaceable, I find that alas, I am not. 

Despite my consistently taking precautions while shopping and when out in group situations, I find that I let my guard down (or mask, perhaps) at the wrong time!

Despite my seeking out all three vaccinations available to me, in a timely manner, they failed to stop the avenger. 

My body has succumbed to Covid, most likely the prevalent Omicron variant. 


I am reduced to a statistic! I am a player in the Omicron explosion! Well, at least I am not alone. I am one of over 26,000 cases in Charlotte County, FL (and just how do "they" count the number of cases when folks like me don't report their illness? Hmmmm.... just think how large the actual number of cases must be!

So, here I sit, indulging in my own pity party. I try to enjoy the things that usually please me, and find them lacking.  My symptoms (congestion, slight headache/body aches, low energy) ebb and flow, like my nose. 



Maybe tomorrow will be the day where I make it through the entire walk with the dogs, and my spring doesn't run down,

Maybe, hopefully, the Mister will escape all of this as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...