I mentioned in an earlier post that my English teacher in high school never liked my writing. He had a way of knocking my legs out from under me. I consistently earned C's or worse on my papers. Early on I met with him to find out what I could do to improve my grades. He had the audacity to peer down on me and say, "Your writing will improve with maturity." My response was less than polite, and probably earned me more downticks on my grades! Several times since graduation I have had occasion to feel proud about my writing, and thrilled to know that apparently, I have matured!
Recently I learned that I was the Runner-Up in the December W.E.P. writing challenge. Validation that I can, indeed, write well enough!
Click on the image to be transported magically (like Dorothy clicking her heels together) to my entry for the December challenge.
The judge, Nick Wilford, commented:
"Heartrending and emotional. Captures so much in just a few words" (175 words to be exact.)
Nick, you have no idea how your words have had an impact on me!
To visit the WEP site click on the badge below. There is a link to the challenges for 2020 if you care to join the fun.
Life is a highway.... I am living a dream as I travel and explore our world. What will I find around the next corner?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On to Pontiac...Illinois
We visited Pontiac, IL We had a brief trolley tour around the city to see some historic sites and to learn about some of the murals. There ...
-
And just like that, December is here and it is time for another writing challenge. Click on the image below to find links to all entries. ...
-
It seems our country either has too much water....or not enough. It seems rare to have it 'just right'! In California arguments ari...
-
Things are slowing down at RiverBend Motorcoach Resort as more and more folks crank up their engines and head to cooler climates. We will be...


Way to go! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Cyndi - well done ... and so glad you kept writing ... now you can wear your WEP badge with pride ... all the best - February is not far away ... cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteThanks. Yes, the year started off in high gear!
Delete