Saturday, December 30, 2017

Twelve Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me:
an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

View from the bedroom upon arising at our CA home.
On the second day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: two grandkids to snuggle, 
and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

We all got to snuggle with Alexis and Kellan.
On the third day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: three trips to the park, 
two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

This day was perfect kite-flying weather!
On the fourth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: four hours at the zoo, 
three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

Alexis and her Nonna Holly pretend to have lunch at a café.
On the fifth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: five pounds I gained, 
four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

We all enjoyed the Pavlova Yule Log that the kids made.
On the sixth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: six projects to finish,
five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

Alexis models the bathrobe I made. It matches PJ's both grands received.
On the seventh day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me: seven pounds of roast beef, 
six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

Grandpa snuggles with Kellan while dinner preparations are completed.
On the eighth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me, eight trips to the grocery store
seven pounds of roast beef, six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

We babysat the little ones so Mom and Dad could have a date at the movies.
It wasn't a hard task and our visit wasn't all about shopping!
On the ninth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me, nine packages to wrap, 
eight trips to the grocery store, seven pounds of roast beef, six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

On the tenth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me, ten loads of laundry,
nine packages to wrap, eight trips to the grocery store, seven pounds of roast beef, six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

I dressed Kellan (on right) in the outfit his dad wore at Christmas 32 years previously.
On the eleventh day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me, eleven bottles of wine, 
ten loads of laundry, nine packages to wrap, eight trips to the grocery store, seven pounds of roast beef, six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

On the twelfth day of Christmas dear Santa gave to me, twelve coughs and sneezes, eleven bottles of wine, ten loads of laundry, nine packages to wrap, eight trips to the grocery store, seven pounds of roast beef, six projects to finish, five pounds I gained, four hours at the zoo, three trips to the park, two grandkids to snuggle, and an airplane flight from sea to shining sea.

This is only part of the arsenal of drugs we are using to ease our cold symptoms!

So now we are back in sunny Florida, nursing head colds we received from the grandkids. Despite how terrible I feel at the moment, I wouldn't have given up our Christmas for anything!








5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good Christmas (except for the colds! ) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry Christmas and Happy New Year, that Florida sunshine and fresh oranges and grapefruit should fix you up in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and creative post. Hope you are feeling better. Happy New Year, my friend to you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dreaming, a lovely 12 days of Christmas. I hope that on the 6th of January--the Epiphany/Feast of the Three Magi--your colds will vanish and you will feel once again the joy of good health. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...