Wednesday, August 23, 2017

its a Done Deal

It must be a dream!
The papers have all been signed. The money has been wired to our account. We no longer are home owners. It is a very strange feeling, but I’m thinking it might grow on me! This afternoon we came back to the motorhome and I had the chance to do something I have not done in weeks. I sat down and relaxed. Truly relaxed. I had nothing to do: no packing, no cleaning, no sorting, no gardening. Nothing. What an unusual feeling. Closing day was about as nerve wracking as they come. After the last week of getting a new roof, having the roofers damage the hot tub cover and a solar light and then having the movers come, then cleaners and carpet folks, and the walk through with the new owner, I thought things would slow down and we could sail into closing. It was not meant to be. We went back to the house one more time in the morning before closing. We had some bits of this and that to collect, some garbage and some things that could be given to charity. We had to sweep out the garage and take my car up to storage. Mr. Dreamy stepped inside to wash his hands and discovered we had no water. None. Zip. Zero. He called the well people and their two crews were already out on jobs, far out, but they would call when a crew could come. After fretting and pacing, and fretting some more we received a call, they had pulled a crew off of one job to attend to our problem. The crew would arrive in 20 minutes. Hallelujah! We might make the 1:30 closing after all. It turns out that the bladder in the pressure tank had finally given up the ghost. (It had been acting up recently, cycling on and off at more frequent intervals.) A new tank was on its way, and while waiting the 30 minutes for it to arrive the guys drained the old tank… the bladder had collapsed over the drain so they had no recourse but drill holes to release the 40 gallons of water! Within a short period of time the new tank was in place and water was flowing throughout our house. Phew! We made it to closing and that proceeded without a hitch. We are now homeless. Perhaps in a more positive way I could say we are “full-timers”. Onward…keeping the wheels between the lines.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! I certainly hope it's not contagious, with our closing coming up on Friday. It'll be nice having only one mortgage again. Though Hubs does dream of becoming a mobile retiree like you guys someday. Me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!
      It was a pressure cooker of a morning!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are right about nothing being easy, and it seems as our civilization progresses through time more levels of complexity are added.

      Delete
  3. It must be a relief on some level to let it all go, Dreaming. I'm glad that you made it through the closing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now you can breathe....
    Glad all went well, let the new adventures begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Lots of adventures! Wait until I write a post about Day 1 - it wasn't a huge adventure, but it broke the monotony of the drive!

      Delete
  5. So glad this stress is over for you. I just sold our Los Angeles house and was worried, but it went so fast and so well. Still it's wonderful to take that long deep breath and just relax. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I am so glad you closed, what a long process for you. I am so glad you can finally relax, you deserve it! We lived in our Motor home for 16 months, I was so tired of it and hen we could move into the house I was overjoyed and thankful even if it wasn't finished. I recall that feeling after we sold our home and everything was in storage...it was a scary but adventerous feeling:)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...