Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It Started With a....

... bit of inspiration from embroidery software I purchased last year. I saw the designs and thought that they might be interesting to use.... some day!


Then.... I found the perfect fabric as a background
for the embroidered designs.

It looks kinda like rock.
It's bright.
The designs would "pop" on this.



Then.... I found another fabric.
It reminds me of the red rocks of Sedona,
and Bryce Canyon,
and Santa Fe....


Several of the designs I liked the most required machine embroidery
and applique.
This fabric would be awesome in an appliqué!
(Don't you think?!)


Then I went to a quilt guild sew day and I was introduced to
"Stack and Whack" quilts.
The finished results look somewhat like a kaleidoscope.
I found fabric in great colors for a "western" quilt,
and made some blocks using this technique.


Then I put it all together. 
I found some thread with the perfect colors for quilting,
and I dreamed up some Indian-like designs to quilt,
and I went to work!


Nope, they aren't perfect!
 But, considering that I've only been using the
longarm machine for a few months, 
I'm not dissatisfied!


And, 
finally....

Ta daaaaaa....


I completed the quilt, which I named "Navajo Nation",
(even though some of the designs are Hopi)
and I sent the quilt to my sister.

I sure did have fun on the whacky road to dreaming, designing and completing the quilt!








6 comments:

  1. It is a fabulous quilt! Love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. I bet your sister was very happy to receive such a nice gift.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...