Friday, May 30, 2014

That Was Then…. This is Now

My garden has experienced a population explosion.

This is a photo of my garden, then...

July 2011

I've circled, and identified, the perennials in the garden…
(well, those that survived!)


The perennials include:

Light Blue: Flax
Yellow: Day Lily
Green: Berry Lily
Orange: Echinacea
Pink: Hollyhock

This is the garden, now…


… and a few of those bare spots are where I have already removed Echinacea and Hollyhock plants. I moved about a dozen to different areas in our yard. 

The iris (white circles), which weren't in the first picture, are thriving. I was given a few rhizomes to plant in the spring of 2012 and now each one has mushroomed into a mound of plants. In just a few days, the poppies (circled in red) and the iris should both be open, bringing the first splash of color into the garden, as they did last year:


But, before too much time passes, I need to clean house so the plants have space to grow. But, oh, how I hate to tear out plants. It breaks my heart! I feel like I should put a "Free to Good Home" sign out by the road!




4 comments:

  1. Lovely! My daylillies are thriving - except the flowers, which the bunnies relish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, please don't let your bunnies talk to our bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks wonderful (mine is so weedy *sigh*). I really like the blue flax - I might have to add some of that when I switch to shoveling outdoors. At the moment, I'm too busy shoveling out my indoors. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Find someone to trade with or give them away free:)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

Almost Home

When we left California it seemed that our trek across country would never end. Now, as we approach our final destination in southern Florid...