Patrice, I am so glad that you are feeling better.
You can join the chat too - either leave a comment on my blog, or on Patrice's blog - or respond to the questions and link to Patrice's Everyday Rurality blog.
Here are our points of discussion for the day:
- Did you ever take piano lessons, as a child or adult?
- How many times do you eat out each month?
- If you could snap you fingers and change on thing about your appearance, what would that be? (Temporary or permanent)
- Do you like looking at art or photography? Do you go to any place that displays them?
- Do you have new things for your fall/ winter wardrobe?
Here are my answers:
1. As a child? No. I took clarinet lessons in 3rd grade (and was kicked out of class for lack of drive and talent) and guitar lessons in middle school. When I went to college I had to learn how to play the piano - but I have forgotten all of it now. I think I have some sort of learning disability when it comes to music. To this day I have to say the ditty, "Every Good Boy Does Fine" to name the notes. I'm a music flunky!
2. We don't eat out very much. I have probably had 2 lunches out this month and we haven't made it out for dinner.
3. Oh, please, make me thinner at the snap of my fingers. It takes far too long to lose weight these days!
4. I am not much of a looker. (Oh my, that statement could be interpreted in a totally different way!) I enjoy art if I have an expert there to tell me the back story of the piece I am looking at. Museums often make me yawn (I think it is the stuffy air and lack of oxygen)... then tears begin to flow down my face and people think I am all emotional about the art work.
5. Nope, well, not unless you count the T-shirt I got at Kohl's using Kohl's cash, so it ended up being basically free! I 'earned' the Kohl's cash buying a new pair of tennis shoes since my old ones have been worn down from playing pickleball. Does any of that count?!