Monday, August 5, 2013

Worst Cook

Nope. Not me! At least not last night. (Mr. Dreamy might give me that title on other evenings!) But, I do owe the "Worst Cooks in America" a huge thanks for the inspiration for our meal. The recipe for Venison Tenderloin with Berry Sauce and Creamy Potatoes was posted online. It evidently came from Robert Irvine and the TV show. The gourmet meal took only about 30 minutes from start to finish (well, it was interrupted by a phone call, so on the clock, it did take longer)!


Potatoes were peeled, cut in pieces and boiled. I put the ingredients for the sauce on the stove. The tenderloins were seared and sautéed for 8 minutes. The potatoes were whipped.


I dished up the meat, potatoes and beans we bought at the Farmer's Market. My apologies to Robert for not plating the meal as per his instructions. Darn... I didn't read the "plating instructions" until too late!


(The plate is a mess, Robert, because I had already begun to chow down when I realized I needed a picture of the yummy food. Next time, I promise, I'll read your plating instructions and get a picture when it looks nice and neat and beautiful!)

But, that's OK. It tasted just fine!




CREDITS (In order of 'appearance')

Black Pine Deer Farm in McCall, ID ............venison tenderloins
Robert Irvine.................................................... recipe
Savory Spice Shop ......................................juniper berries
Mr. Dreamy .............................for sharing his red Zinfandel


3 comments:

  1. Interesting! The blueberry was good on the venison? I never would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next up....recipes for ground venison please. I have a freezer full and I get tired of chili, spaghetti, etc.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was confused at the post title LOL I was like really? I thought you were a good cook! :) I'm glad to see that's not what it meant and that meal looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...