Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Big Boy Toys


Mr. Dreamy wanted to buy a toy helicopter. Actually, it is some sort of quad-copter. It has four motors. They were selling them at a booth at the rally we attended in June. I gave him that look. The practical side of me said screamed, "No"! Mr. Dreamy walked away, with his head hanging only slightly lower.

Skip forward two weeks.

While having dinner with my brother, who was camping next to us, the helicopter was mentioned (and something about my tightfistedness, as I recall!) My brother sat up a bit taller and smiled, that smile. He has a quad-copter. The next day, after he had charged the battery, he showed it to us.

 It looks like some sort of menacing bug.

There it is, flying between the two, tall pines.
Do you see it?
Gypsy & Tucker did. 
They did not like it at all!

The helicopter is controlled by an iPad app.
It has a camera and you see the view 
from the copter on the iPad.

"Oh, so very cool,"
says Mr. Dreamy, perhaps drooling just a bit.

Is there such a thing as 'copter envy? Well, as they say, the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

6 comments:

  1. Cool toy!! Yes, there is such a thing as 'copter envy. There are clubs for those flying gizmo lovers around here, they get together for fly-in's etc. Someday I want to go to one & try photographing them.

    It's not likely Mr. Dreamy is going to stop wishing for his very own...if it makes the guy happy, he should get one! Of course, that's easy for me to say. I don't have to listen to/pay for one either. Altho it's not the same, he could always just enjoy your brother's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually pretty cool. Who ever thought you could control it with and iPad app?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how long it will be before Mr. Dreamy gets his helicopter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I just noticed what you are reading. I just finished her first, I think book, The Glass Castle, and really liked it. Do you like this one? I have noticed in the past that we seem to enjoy the same books, I think The Lace Reader was one of them. Let me know, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO awesome. You could fly over the cows and check on em! OMG! So many things you could do! Oh, but wait - Hubby would crash it right away because it would need to be, fast and louder. LOL. Have a brand new helicopter on the shelf. - flown once, in the garage, (couldn't wait for the weather to clear), with a broken propeller! UGH!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...