Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch: Prayerful

It is going to be another beautiful day here - we missed spring and have gone fast-forward to summer. Sitting out on the porch, or in the shade someplace, would be Heavenly! Yesterday I went to a pickleball picnic. It was great fun to see all of my new friends. I spent half of the time with my jaw dropped open - flies could have made a day of it! You see, we have this one fella that we play with who is mean and grumpy. He doesn't care for beginners and will walk off the court if he sees one coming his way. He always has a surly face on his puss. Mario is anything but pleasant and when he does talk, it is always to complain about someone. Imagine my surprise at the picnic to see Mario handling DJ duties and encouraging folks to get up and dance. He would occasionally add a few words of emphasis to the song that was playing... and he was smiling! Surely I must be mistaken. That can't be Mario! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to meet this Mario - I will see him in a totally different light the next time we meet on the pickleball courts. And, what a wonderful reminder that we should never take people at face value!

Patrice has posed some questions to get us started in our chat. You can grab your favorite beverage and join us by commenting on my blog or her's or by linking your responses to Patrice's site. It is always fun to get together with folks and learn new things about them... just as I learned something new about Mario!

This week Patrice asks:

  1. How many times a week do you have a green or veggie salad?
  2. Do you pray? (You may skip this if you do not wish to answer.)
  3. What season is your birthday? You do not need to give us the date.
  4. Do you have dinner guests often, every now and then or not at all? Wendell says he can be there for dinner as quick as a wink!
  5. Could you describe yourself as a DIY- Do It Yourselfer?

My responses:

  1. I have green salads about 4 times a week. I really should have them more often - but for some reason I don't care to take the time to cut up all of those different things, repackage them and put them back in the fridge. Yeah...lazy!
  2. Yes, in my own, informal way. 
  3. My Birthday is coming up this summer. I was born on a very lucky day!
  4. I don't entertain that often, but now that we are heading out on the motorhome, I imagine we will have more impromptu cocktail and dinner get-togethers with other friends, campers and family.
  5. If you look up DIY you just might find my picture as an illustration! I love DIY, but I do get frustrated when I want to do something that is just a bit too big, too heavy or beyond my skill set.  

This is me, the monkey in the middle!
My parents were out of town and I stayed with friends.

10 comments:

  1. Heading out in a motorhome sounds like so much fun!

    Here's my chat:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2013/06/chats-on-porch-61113.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally off topic here- What did you think of The Book Thief? I just read it a few months ago. I liked it, but didn't care for the character of "Death" Mostly the way he talked was annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I had to think back on that one. As I recall, I liked the idea that Death narrated the story and was humanized - but for the life of me, I can't recall his/her language.

      Delete
  3. My husband and I dream of having a motorhome when we retire. That sounds like so much fun.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've thought about getting a motor home someday, but it won't be any time soon!

    I agree, it is very frustrating when you want to do something, but haven't yet mastered the skills needed to do it. I have that problem often in my art. I can see it clearly in my head, but do not have the skill to get it out of there.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many times a week do you have a green or veggie salad? Five or six, most days my lunch is a salad.
    Do you pray? (You may skip this if you do not wish to answer.) Oh yes, continually some days:)
    What season is your birthday? You do not need to give us the date. Fall.
    Do you have dinner guests often, every now and then or not at all? Wendell says he can be there for dinner as quick as a wink! Not too often..every now and then:)
    Could you describe yourself as a DIY- Do It Yourselfer? Oh yes DIY, we built this house almost totally by ourselves. We hired the cement work. Between my husband and myself we have lots of skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We done trailer trips - RVing is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pictures and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love DIY. Making salads is a bit of work, but I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...