Sunday, February 17, 2013

Scene at a Campground: Hamming it Up




I am not kidding!



I took Tucker and Gypsy out for a walk while at the Allegro campground and service center in rural NW Alabama.  Our path went by a large building on the grounds. When I looked in the garage, this is what met my eyes. The fellow who was butchering the hog explained (in the thickest southern accent I have ever heard... so heavy that at first I thought he was speaking a different language) that this luckless porker had escaped his pen, only to run afoul of the owner's pit bulls. Well, at least he was resourceful and will make use of the meat.
On a side note.... when I asked permission to take the picture he agreed, as long as I wasn't going to post it online. I told him it was going on my blog, and asked his name. He grinned, and without batting an eye, gave me the name of his colleague!

6 comments:

  1. You never know what is around the next corner, do you? It keeps things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you wave at us as you went by? We're in Southeast Alabama, but the twang (and yee-haw factor) is probably about the same. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I think something has gone seriously wrong with the over breeding of pit bulls. I'm glad someone had the good sense not to let that meat go to waste! I love vacationing in the south but my sister, cousin and I were just talking yesterday about how it isn't as warm as it used to be on spring break. Sorry you had snow!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butcher is a "good ol' boy"!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sight! Good thing we had pork chops last night...before I saw this post. Poor hoggy, what a way to go. I hope you covered Tucker's and Gypsy's eyes.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...