Before I begin chatting with Patrice and other Blog friends, I need to acknowledge and thank two new followers:
Thanks for following along!
Now, let's chat! Patrice asks:
1. If you could instantly play a musical instrument, which one would it be?
I'm not certain there is any one particular instrument I'd like to be able to master in a moment. I probably should say the violin, since I never acquired much expertise with it. I began playing the violin when my son entered the youth orchestra as an 6 year-old. His instructor handed me a violin and explained that students progress faster when a parent learns to play with them. That may have been true in the beginning, but Son #2's skills quickly outpaced and surpassed mine. No matter how much I practiced, playing the violin and making it sound pleasant was very, very difficult.
2. Do you have a fireplace, wood-stove, or pellet-stove?We have a gas fireplace. I think we turned it on one time last winter. It is placed in a position where one really can't see it from seats in the living room, so it doesn't add much in the way of ambience. But, I still like having it. I like the convenience of flicking the fire on and off with a switch. Yeah, lazy me! In the 70's we heated with a wood burning stove. I liked that, but it was a lot of work, and parts of our house were always very cold while other areas were very warm.
3. What's your favorite addition to brownies?
I'd like to have those brownies with some caramel, please!
4. Do you use much bottled water?Now that we have a water softener and our water no longer has the taste of heavy minerals, I use very little bottled water. I never have liked the taste of it. I prefer my tap water.
5. How much did you weigh as a newborn?
I don't know what I weighed when I was born. I think I was somewhere between 6 & 7 pounds.
To join in the chat, or to read other's responses, click on the link to Everyday Rurality's blog below: