Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Centus: Ready

It's Saturday. That means that it is time for Saturday Centus. This week our challenge is to use the phrase:
'are you ready for some football' 
with 100 additional words.



Here's my take on the prompt:

The season’s upon us, here comes fall
When men become zombies, intent on a ball
When the referee’s whistle becomes a clarion call
When sports on TV drive you up a wall
When the crowd’s noise begins to pall
When your man’s enthusiasm makes you want to bawl 
When he tunes you out; that takes gall
When it goes on so long there'll be some sort of brawl
When you finally become so tired of it all
Here’s what you do, c’mon y’all...
Grab your purse for therapy at the mall!
Time to shop. Go ahead. Buy it all!
Hey, are you ready for some football?


Stop by Jenny Matlock's site to read more responses to the prompt.

Jenny Matlock

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! It's so creative! I miss Hank's opening song on Monday Night Football. My husband and I "sort of" sing it in our family room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cute! My friend used to go to the mall every Sunday in winter while hubby watched the game. I went with her much of time too. Your ending was just right.

    I love the Aussies in your side bar...at least I think they are A. shepherds. My husband wants one of these but they are pretty hairy and large for our life right now. I did price puppies as there are a lot here in Missouri...averaged about $750 so that cooled his heels! But this breed is so smart! Might be smarter than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    This is my least favorite season and the season in which I "lose" my husband. I loathe football, he loves it. He will watch any game, any team, pro or college. He will watch all the games. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I L O V E Football and yes I am ready!!! This was very well done good job and ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the prompt! I'm not a football fan...nor a shopping fan...but life is good without either for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday-have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I bet the men whose wives don't watch football are sorry when they get the bill for their wife's retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! :D Oh men and their sport XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like that version of the song!

    I'm kind of rocking out here to the music!

    But I'm still not watching college ball this weekend!

    ha!

    Loved your poem, too!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...