Patrice's questions for this week include:
- Do you like to sing? What kind of music are you likely to sing?
- Do you watch soap operas (daytime TV), or have you ever?
- Do you wear glasses or contacts?
- What's your favorite easy meal when the weather is hot?
- Tell me something about the past week.
Here are my answers:
1. If my boys were to read this question they would be rolling their eyes right now! I sang all of the time when they were growing up. As we drove down the road, or raked the yard, or tossed balls back and forth, if one of them were to say something that made me think of a song... I'd begin to sing it! As a teen I fell in love with musicals. I think my young adult life became its own musical! Although I'm not tone-deaf, my singing leaves a bit to be desired. Perhaps that was the reason for the rolling of the eyes!
2. Soap operas make me shudder! I watched one when I was in college. It became 'the' thing to do... we'd all race back to watch the show between classes. As I recall, at one point the characters were caught in a snow storm. It took 3 months for them to live 3 days. The slow pace drove me crazy. I have never liked that pace, nor the 'drama' in music and voice.
3. I wear glasses and have worn them since 8th grade. They are progressive bifocals. It's actually a bit strange because with age, my distance vision has improved so that it is almost 20/20. I could actually manage (except for astigmatism) without glasses for anything but reading. But, when I go without glasses I feel like my eyes dry out - so I choose to get the bifocals and wear them all of the time.
4. Hot dogs and pea salad.
5. We are on the road. We left McCall, ID on Sunday and we're now in Oregon. The weather in central Oregon was very, very hot. We were both uncomfortable. We are now enjoying cooler weather in the Columbia River gorge.
Care to join the chat? Leave responses in comments, or visit Patrice's blog and link up.