Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop - 16: Sad or Scary Things

Yesterday I said that June showers bring rainbows.
Here is a video from 'the morning after' clearly showing
that June torrential rainstorms
bring....frogs!
Hundreds thousands of them from the sound of it!

We've never seen water in the area on the left.
We only occasionally see standing water in the area on the right.



Well, it is past time to get on the Hobby Horse Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Blog Hop. 
I hope you can join in the fun.


In case you are new... or as a reminder:

Each week I post at least one prompt.
Respond as you wish on your blog or in a comment.
Or, just link your blog to mine if you
care to share something else about yourself.

The part I like most is having blog hoppers
complete their blog posts (or comments) 
by asking a question of us.

I am really enjoying answering your questions,
and look forward to seeing other responses, too.
I think it's a great way to have a conversation of sorts!

Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hop
by using the Linky Tool below.
Click where indicated, just after it says
"You are next...."
Or...
Leave a comment with your thoughts 
on my blog, down below.

Visit other participating blogs on the list
and respond to their questions in your comments on their pages.

Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 16:

1. Nuzz Muzz, one of my blog friends, posted about some everyday things that startled her recently. What is something that has startled you (or your horse) that probably shouldn't have caused any reaction?

2. Jet is lame. Her owner talks about it on her blog, Between Golden Ears. Injuries are really tough with animals, since they can't tell us about it. Have you struggled with a lameness or injury in the past?

3. Roxie is sad. What makes you, or your horse, sad?

My answers:

1. Horses have incredible vision. My guys see things that I don't notice. The strangest thing, or perhaps the most surprising thing, that caused a reaction was a toad. I was riding Doc across the pasture and he jumped sideways. I couldn't believe that I was almost unseated by toad - well, he was almost the size of my hand. Perhaps Doc feared for his safety!


2. Luckily my Haffies have been sound 99.9995% of the time. Pippin had a sore stifle two different times in the three years I owned him. I suspect that he kicked out a bit too energetically, putting a strain on his stifle. My first horse, Socky, became lame. After weeks of trying different solutions; rest, wraps, soaking and poultices, the vet finally x-rayed his feet. Socky had navicular disease. Socky was retired, and lived out his life in a large pasture with other retired horses.

3. That's a huge question. Who comes up with these questions, anyway? Well, what makes my horses sad? I really think my guys are sad if they aren't doing something. I think they want to be busy. I'm sad right now because all of my beautiful flowers were smashed. Many of my perennials were just about to blossom. Many were planted last year and had never blossomed before. Oh well... maybe later. Maybe next year!

OK... now it's your turn! Respond to one or more of the questions on your blog, and link it to mine, or respond in a comment.


1 comment:

  1. No horses or hail. Just a gorgeous pink & purple sky following a breath-taking sunset. Now is *not* the time to waste energy or time being sad!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...