1. Would you prefer to watch a movie in a theater or at home?
Basically I am a homebody. For whatever reason, once I have finished my chores, I really don't want to go out. Heck, I rarely want to go out, even to go shopping! So, send me the newly released DVD, or better yet, let me get it online. I'll watch from home. That way, I can play it back when I miss something!
Hey, do any of you have a home theater? At one point I thought that would be the height of luxury. Now I'm not quite as enthralled by them.
2. Do you have a specific way of managing coins?
Not really. They do accumulate... and I don't like that. I keep a 'tip' jar in the laundry room. Every time I find change in pockets, or don't find the change and wash it, it goes in my tip jar. I also have a jar in the closet for the same purpose. It used to be that once these were full, and their replacements were full, and I had a really boring day, I'd get the coin wrappers out, turn the TV on and wrap coins. Now I like being able to take the coins to the machine at the grocery story and let it count my change. I'm happy to pay a fee for that service!
3. How often do you have to vacuum? Hmmm... I'm thinking this isn't a good question for me. Can we make it multiple guess?
b. not often enough
c. only when
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
The answer is..... d. However, I do sweep the wood floors and gather the Tucker mice that scurry along by the baseboards on a daily basis. Well, at least I sweep up some of the area each day - maybe not all. But the more important question, in my opinion, is how often do I clean out the paddock! The answer to that is daily - except when snow is on the ground. Hmphh.... hubby might think the horses get cleaner living conditions than I do!
4. Do you prefer flooring, carpet or rugs?
I find some sort of flooring easier to deal with than carpet. As long as it isn't light beige or white - which we had in our old house and it showed every crumb and every dog hair. I have in-floor heating in my bathroom; I am in love with that. Our tile floor is always pleasant to walk on. I love the wood flooring I have throughout most of the house. It's easy to maintain. But, I do like to have rugs on the wood to 'warm it up' a bit. I have carpet in the bedrooms and would actually prefer to have wood. Over time the carpet shows traffic patterns (referring to Question 3, perhaps if I vacuumed daily it would look nicer for longer!) and just looks yucky.
5. Well, Happy Birthday to you and I'm so glad you are coming to visit. Couldn't you please stay a bit longer? There is so much to show you and so much we can talk about! If you are going to limit your visit, then I'll meet you at a trailhead and we'll go for a horseback ride on one of the beautiful open space trails we have nearby. That way you can see some of the beautiful scenery we have around here. I'm thinking we'll do Spruce Mountain. You'd get some prairie riding and then get to climb up some mild switchbacks through the trees to the top of a mesa, sparsely treed. You can see some nearby communities, ranches, other mesas and a lot of beautiful open land. Oh, and yes, the 'real' mountains will be visible (Spruce Mountain isn't a 'mountain'!) If, because you have so many invitations, you don't make it here on your Birthday, I hope you have a fabulous one!
Please give Wendell a carrot or two from the boys. How interesting that his personality has reverted back to his sweet self.
Visit Patrice and others who are chatting on the farmhouse porch by clicking on t"he image above. Join the chat by linking up on her site, or by leaving a comment here... or there.
Welcome 101: Did you think I was going to talk about welcome basics? The how to's? Sorry to disappoint you. What I am actually doing is welcoming Follower #101! My newest online friend has a blog called "The Southern Peach-Girls". I can't find out anything more than that, and my Blogger link doesn't go to the blog. Hopefully she'll (they'll) get in touch with me so I can find out more about her.