Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Blunders, Wrecks and Near-Wrecks

Or... stupid things I've done on a horse!

This summer Linda at Equestrian Ink published a post about blunders, wrecks or near-wrecks.  I started thinking about some of the not-so-smart things I did on or around horses in my youth. Of course, now that I am older and wiser I never make stupid mistakes. (Do you really believe that statement?!)

So, here's my Top Ten, in David Letterman style. Some day maybe I'll fill in the details on the more interesting blunders!



10. Traded a horse for a sail boat. 

9. Fell off in a horse show and couldn't get back up again (despite not being hurt at all).

8. Pretended I was in the circus, standing up on my horse's rump.

7. Trained (evidently not very well) my friend's pony to drive.

6. Did a flying dismount but got my jacket caught on the horn of the saddle.

5. The horse I had just purchased ran away from his owner and couldn't be found for two days.

4. Rode into a cow field without realizing the farmer had put a bull in with the cows.

3. Rode side saddle, at a canter, on a regular English saddle.

2. Jumped on a polo pony in the field in order to catch another polo pony named, "Shy".

1. Took my saddle off while riding back to the barn.

Do you have a Top Ten list for something in your life?!

8 comments:

  1. That list would make a great bunch of cartoons!
    Love your sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny . . . I've got more than ten . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I have a lot too, but I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny list, I would like to hear more about 10, 9, 7, 6, 3,2, and 1!

    Well, this is my first horse, so I do not have many horse blunders. . .yet! I am sure there are a ton to come, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! on #1....:D

    You make them all sound very funny. My wrecks weren't at all funny....I guess since I survived I could make them funny. Or maybe not enough time has passed. hah!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a hoot sweetie.

    Nope, no list but I bet I could come up with some if I thought about it. Heeehehehe!

    God bless ya and have a marvelous day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to ride my first horse with my dog on a leash...because my dog chased horses!!! I used to ride in sneakers and jeans and no helmet. Who was that? Surely not me!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...