- What color was your first car?
- Do you dance or sing when you're by yourself?
- What were your favorite and least favorite subjects in school? (I'm thinking high school or younger, but if you want to tell us about your PhD, go right ahead.)
- What was the last dinner you made?
- Please finish this: "I feel naked without ---------------------." (Now, you know there's someone out there who will answer "clothes". See. I caught you! :)
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch: If I Only Had a Brain
It's time for 'Chats on the Farmhouse Porch' again. Oh, how I wish I had time to sit on the porch! We have been swamped - working on the new house and continuing to pack up some things at the old house. So, once again, I'll have to forego a face to face chat with friends and enjoy 'chatting' with blog friends by responding to questions. Come sit on my porch with me. Answer questions on your own blog, or leave your responses in a comment on mine. Come chat with us! Visit Everyday Rurality to read more chat responses.
Here are your questions for the day:
Here are my answers:
1. My first car was green....and my other first car was green! I had a green VW that I 'inherited' from my sister. It had 70,000 miles on it. My first new car was a green Capri that my parents gave me when I graduated from college. I sold my aged VW to my boyfriend.... who then became my husband! So my third car was green, too!
2. I often sing; While I'm riding, while I'm in the car, while I'm doing yard work. Music becomes a metronome for my work, helping me be more productive. I enjoy the thought of dancing. I'd love to be able to move gracefully across a dance floor, but, "Mama Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock and Roll!"
3. I enjoyed (if you could call it that) Math and Science, despite the fact that I had some teachers who made it seem harder at the time. I absolutely hated English. I had a teacher who gave me D's and F's because my writing was poor. When I asked how to improve my writing, he said it would come with maturity. So, I struggled along getting lousy grades, not until I matured, but until I switched to a different English teacher and then got decent grades!
4. Oh, how embarrassing! We got home late last night. By the time I took care of horses, unloaded the car, checked the blog site, etc... it was 8:00 PM! So... a quick survey of the fridge determined that there were two hot dogs - but no buns. I had some biscuit mix, so we had 'pigs in a blanket'. I sliced up a peach and I cooked a fresh zucchini, with vidalia onion. Hubby declared the meal as 'good'. I think what he meant to say was that it was a good thing I finally served something!
5. I feel naked without my smart phone. My phone is my brain. It contains all sorts of information that I can not manage to keep in my head. Before I had the smart phone I had a Palm. Even my kids would ask me, 'Where's your brain?' when they wanted to put a note in it. Yup... if they wanted me to remember something, like a birthday present they'd like to have, or a grocery item, they'd put it in my Palm for me!
This has been a pleasant interlude 'on my porch'... well, I can see the porch from here! I hope you'll join me!
Our drive through central California seemed long and frankly, boring. However, the monotony was broken by observing the produce along the s...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
As I decorate our home for the holidays I am reminded of Christmases of the past. One year we were feeling the pinch of an economic downturn...
Both hubby and I are experiencing more than a bit of the "Bah Humbugs" this year. We decided that just maybe, putting up a tree......