- put down cement backer board on the master bath floor... with about 250 screws! Thank you to whoever created the battery powered drill and screwdriver bits!
- painted the master bedroom ceiling
- installed the washer and dryer. Trying to run the vent for the dryer was like doing laporascopic surgery... we had a tiny space in which to stuff a 4" vent and then try to connect the vent to different ends - it took two of us at least an hour, with a lot of swearing and grumbling and even a temper tantrum involving throwing things!
- cleaned out the garage in the barn.
- installed the wire for our in-floor bathroom heating and put down a layer of mortar to protect the wire.
- tore out the carpet in the master bedroom.
- installed pulls on the cabinets in the kitchen.
- pulled lots and lots of thistle in the back yard.
- brought up more boxes and pillow cases stuffed with linens. I put the linens away and the linen closet that looked very large when we bought the house now looks too small. It's stuffed! Shhhh... don't tell anyone... I'm a secret sheet hoarder! Why do I hang on to so many sheets and towels? For example: I have two twin beds, but I probably have 7 or 8 sets of linens for them and some unmatched sheets. Many have the boys' names in them from having visited camp and probably have more than a few stains. Then there are the towels. I think they multiply when the linen closet door is shut! But... I also think they eat their smaller, weaker siblings to do so ... as in, I don't have the matching wash cloths any more! Hmmm, I think I'm going to check with the animal shelter to see if they'd like some linens!
It has since been covered with mortar, and next week
we'll install the tile.
if the wire is nicked. I was so worried that this thing would
yell at me while I worked!
three days and already they are covered with stuff!
looking so clean again. Like the washer and dryer,
it will soon have its own collection of stuff!
That's just part of my thistle collection.
Who says I can't grow anything?!!