This week we:
- had the granite kitchen countertops installed.
- contacted the granite company and arranged for them to return to fix a problem: We were disappointed that the slabs on either side of the stove had grain running in different directions. The more we thought about it (and thought about what we paid for the granite) the more upset we became. We sent a picture to the company and they will be replacing a slab next week.
- planted a few shrubs. I shoveled and raked the rocks away from a 4' X 6' area, replaced the weed cloth, planted the shrubs and replaced the rocks. That was tough work! I only have a whole bunch more to go. This house has a lot of 'rock' landscaping!
- picked out the tile and almost finished tiling the back splash for the kitchen (we can't tile where they are going to replace the granite counter)
- sealed the kitchen tile (it is very
roughrustic travertine and we were concerned that the grout might be absorbed and change the color or the sheen of the stone
- grouted most of the kitchen tile
- grouted the bathtub surround
- began fencing an area for Tucker to run
- hooked up the disposal and the sink drain in the kitchen. We have running water!