Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's It?

This is one of my newest gadgets. And no, it is not some device for torture!

What's It?

Here it is from another angle.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Here's a hint...
It is used with one of the items shown below.

 .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The gadget is a bottle capper. I bought it at a beer supply store where I also bought some 22 ounce beer bottles. I 'bottled' a yummy beer bread recipe for a craft fair. I made the labels (the one on the back has the instructions for making the bread). 

My boys are featured on the label :-)   I used Photoshop to make the label a bit more artsy.

Did you know what the gadget was used for?
Oh, you'd like to have the recipe? Here it  is:

1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup flour
2/3 Cup crushed oatmeal
1/2 Cup (packed) brown sugar
2 T baking powder
2 Tsp salt

Directions:
  • Assemble and mix all of the dry ingredients. No, you don't have to try to stuff it all into a bottle!
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3" loaf pan
  • Combine dry ingredients with 12 oz of beer
  • Mix just until moistened
  • Pour into the prepared loaf pan
  • Brush with 1/4 C melted butter (optional)
  • Bake for 1 hour until golden brown
  • Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed. Interesting. Love the label with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious. The label is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, crafty idea! What a beautiful bottle label, too.

    Thanks for the recipe. I always enjoy trying new home made bread recipes.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - i was ready to order them from you...Im still thinking I should because the kitchen would be a mess with me trying to get those ingredients into a small opening, even if i did use utensils lol!

    i LOVE LOVE LOVE the labels!!!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...