Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's It?


What's It?

Do you know what this is?

Do you have something like this?

Do you need a hint?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hint: 

It sits near our fireplace.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Now it is strictly for decoration because we have a gas fireplace.

.

.

.

.

.

This is a kerosene fire starter. The pot holds kerosene. 
The handle ends with a porous ceramic piece that absorbs the kerosene.
One match lights the soaked ceramic piece and you tuck it under your logs.
The kerosene burns long enough to get your fire started.
 

6 comments:

  1. Cool! I never would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wrong again! I got the fireplace part, but I was thinking along the steam pot for humidity line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool. I like interesting pieces and you find very interesting ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of those came with our 1849 farmhouse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat-O. Never heard of that before, but it kind of looks like some kind of high dollar piece of functional art *giggle*.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...